Gallery

Monday, May 3, 2010

{Going to St. George}

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

There is something so freeing about getting into a car and just driving by oneself....knowing that the final destination will include good friends.

A few thoughts:

Nothing can replace a few good girlfriends
I still love St. George
I am truly never alone
I have been rescued on many occasions
I never want to do an Iron Man but will support whoever does want to do one
Inspired
Don't ever fall into a cactus
Never knew how many times one could have a joke about a cardigan and Amazon
Don't ever go to a restaurant where the soda fountain is out of order (if you are with Jen & Tiff)
I am convinced my friends need to eat more quinoa & tofu (joke)
Writing thank you cards is never over rated
Breakfast is my favorite meal
Chocolate malt custard with almonds
Shopping
Pleasant thoughts of children @ home with husband


I happened to be in St. George @ the same time the Iron Man was going on. It was extra fun because my cousin was one of the participants. This year they pulled over 50 people from the Iron Man out of the water, probably because the swim was extra hard being that the water was also only in he mid 50 degree category. I've heard that swimming in any sort of event like the Iron Man is hard because it is easy to become disoriented. I marveled to think about the fact that despite the challenges that the Iron Man participants faced, they still got out of that water and pressed on. How easy would it be to give up? I couldn't help but liken the Iron Man to life. There is so much enduring going on but also so much joy and satisfaction....even amongst all of the disorientation (like yesterday).

I'm thinking that there is chance we all have more strength inside than we give ourselves credit for....off to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment