Gallery

Monday, March 29, 2010

old fashioned candy

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm glad we've been putting our little brown containers to work. My kids seriously scored with the latest craft installment. I mean what kid wouldn't want a whole craft made out of candy. All I can say is take candy, wrap in saran wrap, push pin into foam ball...REPEAT & REPEAT & REPEAT . This was no quickie craft but it was loads of fun and kept my girls entertained for hours. We actually started out making a craft using the same concept but made it a little more kid friendly. The girls made their very own spring topiary with paper flowers pinned all around the styrofoam ball. After we were finished with the candy topiaries, the girls told me that I needed to let them hide the crafts in their room...clever I say...I'm raising no dummies. I'm sure by morning all of the petals/leaves would have mysteriously disappeared.

Then we made (I mean I made a desert bloom out of felt and ribbon). I have apparently really gotten into the whole desert thing this year. I've thought about using them for favor/place holders for the dinner party I am going to throw next decade or at the rate that I move it may even be 2 decades.

Have I mentioned how much I love the little brown containers? Tarjay, $1.69 for a pack of 10.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment